According to the World Health Organization, 1 in 4 adults worldwide were physically abused as children. In the US alone, around 6 million kids are abused annually which results in a report of child abuse every 10 seconds.
Whether physical, sexual, emotional or verbal, the experiences have long term effects that we painfully go through as adults. It is often times the root source of many of our daily struggles and can affect us unknowingly in how we conduct ourselves in our relationships, with our family members, people at work and with friends. We often feel ashamed to talk about our past, but until we do so in a healthy manner, our struggles will continue throughout our lifetime and likely get passed on for generations.
Childhood abuse can have lifelong effects such as: Depression, Anger, Anxiety, Fear, Low self-esteem and Loneliness.
Many people who experienced abuse as children, are unaware of the impact it can have on us as adults.
This introductory workshop will provide you with:
- Validation of your personal experiences with abuse.
- Tools you can use to begin to undo the effects.
- Insight to your current behaviors and how you can change them.
- In-depth lectures on how the abuse affected your belief system.
Why take this workshop?
- It’s short! Your time is valuable and I want to make sure you get all the basic information needed to get you started in your healing journey.
- My workshop is designed for anyone who wants to learn more about childhood abuse and the effects. My approach is by teaching through everyday lived experiences that you can relate to.
- Taking the first step in acknowledging your past can be painful. I designed this workshop with a casual yet gentle approach to make sure you can hear the messages without feeling discomfort.
Anyone who has experienced abuse as a child deserves to be heard. Your experiences are real and you’re not alone. Millions of adults (including myself) can relate with their own personal experiences. I understand how difficult it can be to address the past, and I also believe you deserve to unload the weight of your experiences so you can lead a more enriched life.